The new Hamilton waste calendar for the 2019/2020 season has arrived! This year it is back to a full calendar/booklet to remind residents about all of the changes that have come about since the last full calendar.
For the blue box program this includes:
- No dark plastic food containers.
- No lids for take-out cups (coffee and pop).
- No foam food packaging such as take-out trays, cups, plates and meat trays.
For the green bin program:
- In an effort to reduce the odour coming from the Central Compost Facility on Burlington St, leaf & yard waste will no longer be accepted in the organics bin, as of April 1, 2019.
- An unlimited number of brown leaf & yard bags or reusable containers can be set out each week to collect this material, as long as they don’t weigh more than 23 kg (50 lb) each.
- It has been suggested that the large green bin could be repurposed for only leaf & yard waste but these are too awkward to be easily tipped into the truck without use of the mechanical arm attached to the organics side of the truck. Please use shorter containers or bags for this waste. Our collectors will thank you!